1. VISA:For details on Visa, you may log onto http://credainatcon.com/country/detail/flight-visadetails.html
2. LANGUAGE:English is the official language of the country.
3. CURRENCY:Great Britain Pound (GBP) is the currency. You can convert most international currencies (GBP, USD or Euro) at any change bureau or your Hotel. All prices in shops and restaurants are quoted in GBP and you cannot use any other currency at shops or restaurants.
4. TELEPHONES:You may buy a local Sim card at the airport or any local telecomm shop and use it as per your requirement. You can use your Indian mobile phones but roaming charges will be high, please check with your local mobile operator for these charges.
5. CLIMATE:In August weather in London is typically pleasant.
• Average high temperature:22ºC
• Average low temperature:13ºC
Please see the link: http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/london/ec4a-2/month/328328?monyr=8/01/2017
6. DRESS CODE:For the conference, please carry formals/business attire. For the Inaugural dinner& Gala dinner, you may wear smart casuals.
7. CLOTHES:It will be pleasant, so you may pack accordingly.
8. TAXI:Taxis are easily available in the city and run on meter.You can also book through the Uber app, but please remember, Uber in London does not accept cash. Only credit card is accepted.
9. TIPPING:Tipping is increasingly expected at restaurants. An acceptable tip is 10-15% depending on service.
10. ELECTRICITY:The electrical current in London is 230v. You must carry a converter with you.
11. MEDICAL CARE:Remember to bring any medications you may need. Check with your health insurer before you depart to ascertain your coverage in the event of emergency. Many insurance providers offer specialized riders which can cover emergency evacuation.
12. TIME:London is 4.5 hours behind India
13. TRAVEL CHECK LIST:Please be sure you have the following with you before you travel.
• Airline Ticket
• Passport with six-month validity and Valid UK Visa
• Photocopies of your passport
• CREDAI – Conference Registration Number and Registration Confirmation
• Health & Travel Insurance